As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Letting God Write Your Love Story

For me, it's all about trust. Trusting God, and surrendering my dreams for His plans...He already knows my dreams, and what is best for me, even better than I know myself. There is a comfort in knowing that my Heavenly Father, Who loves me more than I can imagine or deserve, is working right now to bring a future husband into my life, if that is His will. If it is not, I have peace knowing that He has a great adventure in store for me as a single person. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 The best part is, as His child, my desires have become His, so I can trust that whatever His plan is, it will be better than I can ever imagine. To discover life, Jesus says I have to give mine up (see Luke 9:24; John 12:25). My love life is no different. If I really desire to one day discover the "beautiful side of love, I have to first walk through the "painful side". Laying my life down is not the fun part, it's the essential part! If I'm ever going to hear the "sweeter song" that God created me to hear, then I'm going to have to first open the door to Jesus and let Him have His way. And I have to trust that He, as the inventor of romance, knows how to write a beautiful story, and create beauty from ashes... I dream of someone who treats me like a princess, someone who is sensitive, tender, gentle, brave, full of integrity, servant-hearted, and honorable...just to name a few! When I think about those traits, I realize I am describing my Savior, and it is He who has put those desires in my heart. I know no one is perfect, neither am I, but I am holding out for someone who is Christlike. I don't want to be desperate for attention or affection. I want to be patient, knowing God's timing and plan for me is perfect. Lord, I am trusting in You. Help me to be patient, drawing me ever closer to You while I wait for You to reveal the path I am to take. Each day is a gift and an adventure when I'm walking with You, my First Love...fill me with contentment and joy each step of the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment