As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WHY WAIT???

Psalm 25:4-5 Show me your way, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

The following is from my daily devotions from IN TOUCH by Charles Stanley...I thought it worth sharing...

On life's road, crucial decisions are like intersections that call for a choice of direction. If we barrel through without seeking the mind of Christ, the road we pick may lead to regret and heartache. Although the Lord is ready and willing to offer clear direction, He doesn't always give it quickly. Knowing that He has very good reasons for withholding immediate instruction can help us wait patiently at the intersection for His guidance.
At times God leaves us in our confusion because He wants to get our attention. When everything is running smoothly, we tend to forget the Lord. But uncertainty draws us back to Him like a magnet. by aligning our steps with His and walking in submission to the Spirit, we open our ears to hear His voice.
Our waiting time is God's preparation time. In bringing about His sovereign purposes, He may put us on hold while He coordinates events to line up with His will. Sometimes the Lord has work to accomplish in us before we are ready to handle what He has planned for our future. If we instantly received His direction, we would never grow in faith. Spiritual maturity is evidenced in the ability to wait in peaceful confidence, trusting that in His time, we will know what to do.

If impatience tempts you to jump ahead of God's timing at a crossroad of decision, you risk stepping out of His will and missing the blessings. But by waiting until He gives clear direction, you will walk in His peace with certainty, instead of stumbling around in anxiety and confusion.

Lord Jesus, thank You that You hold my life in Your capable and loving Hands. Help me to grow in patience and trust in You as I wait at the crossroads to hear from You. In Your Precious name, I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment