As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Friday, May 14, 2010

Without A Doubt






There's nothing more thrilling than waking up in the morning with a cup of steaming hot coffee and then, before you begin your morning devotions, you ask God to show you "what is it Lord that you want me to know today, or learn today? Please open my heart and mind so I can hear You", AND HE DOES!!! Only not half-way into it, but the minute you thumb through the pages of your Bible and you stop on a page that HE UNDOUBTEDLY turned you too!!

Yesterday, as a lot of you know, was my birthday! Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful birthday wishes! But, yesterday was also the birthdate of two special boys that we met at the school in Kanuwloe, Ghana; their names are Ebenezer and Wisdom.

One day, toward the end of our time with kids, we decided to have them make prayer cards where they would write their names and birthdates on one side, and the verse from Eph. 1:16. I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, on the other. We wanted the kids to know that even though we would be thousands of miles away, we would not forget them or stop praying for them. Then, we took their pictures, with them holding their prayer cards, so we could have a face to put with a name when we returned home. For me, this was so important. I didn't want them to become just a sea of faces in my memory as time passed.

Anyway, back to my prayer!! When I opened my Bible, the page that I opened to (I have a devotional Bible) was a devotional page entitled "A Stone Called Ebenezer"!! I believe God was reminding me of Ebenezer and Wisdom, and that it was their birthday too, and not to forget to pray for them!! What a great gift! But it gets better!!!

Some of you know the financial indebtedness I am currently faced with and in light of that I have been clinging to the knowledge that God is my ultimate Provider and not to worry. I have been holding tight to His promises, and one verse in particular, from Phil.4:19 "And God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus". (I even have it taped to my bathroom mirror) So, as I continue on with my devotions, what do suppose it says??!!! Allow me to quote it to you....After the Israelites had defeated the Philistines, they planted a stone and called it Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far the Lord has helped us." As we look into the unknown future, with no clear path before us, we may become fearful. But God has provided for our future. Paul wrote, "And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

I pray you can see, as God was showing me, how present He is in our lives! And how, when we spend time with Him in prayer and in His Word, He truly does speak to us!! We only need to take the time to listen in the busyness of our lives. For we are not alone in this world, God is there every step of the way, He even goes before us, so why wouldn't we want to follow Him, with the knowledge that He will take care of EVERYTHING!! Even the seemingly impossible!

Sometimes He takes us out of the situations, problems or needs; other times He takes us through them. Regardless of the way He works in our lives, we can trust Him as our ever-present guide for today!

Thank You, Father, for loving me and taking care of me, and most especially for showing me that You are right beside me, WITHOUT A DOUBT!! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment